Much has been written about the significance of the Anna Head School. Here are a few resources for those who would like to study the school in greater detail.
2. Elizabeth Whitney, AHS ’60, “The School in Berkeley,” The Head-Royce School, A Centennial History, 1887-1997 (Albany: Albany Press, 1988)
4. Cody Anderson Wasney CAW Architects, Adaptive Reuse Study for the Anna Head School Complex, 2009. See restoration of Alumnae Hall.
5. Paul Chapman, School Matters: The Transformation of Head-Royce (Berkeley: Edition One Press, 2018) Copies of the book are available from Head-Royce School, Julie Kim-Beal, Director of Alumni Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org).
6. Laken Brooks, “Anna Head School for Girls Influenced Generations of Women—And American Architecture,” National Trust for Historic Preservation, July 31, 2020:
7. Paul Chapman, Saving Anna Head School, PowerPoint overview of the campaign, November 22, 2021